Windows 10

Hardware, software, mobiteli, programiranje, internet...

Moderators: Bobi, Benq

Maharadza

#1 Windows 10

Post by Maharadza » 14/09/2014 17:07

Pošto će već uskoro Demo nove 9-ke, vakat je i za temu!
Cortana: your new best friend?

Microsoft's answer to Siri and Google Now just busted out the gate on Windows Phone 8.1, but already Microsoft seems keen on expanding its reach to the company's desktop and tablet OS. Microsoft scoopers at Neowin seem to have inside sources that claim Cortana is not only up and running on internal Windows 9 builds, but its performance is improving.

Charms lose their luster

Say goodbye to one of Windows 8.1's defining features. A new leak snapped up by Winbeta claims that the Charms menu of the current OS will not be included in the desktop and laptop versions of Windows 9. And, according to ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley, the feature is on the chopping block for Windows 9 tablets and 2-in-1 laptops as well.

One Windows 9 to rule them all

Not so much a rumor as it is a confirmation, newly-minted Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella commented on the future of Windows recently, painting a picture of a unified operating system across all platforms.
"In the past we had multiple teams working on different versions of Windows," Nadella said. "Now we have one team with a common architecture. This allows us to scale, create Universal Windows Apps."
So, will Windows 9 spur the beginning of a single OS for all Microsoft devices, ultimately ending the fragmentation between Windows Phone, Windows RT and Windows proper? We can only hope.

Windows 9: Return of the Start Menu

Teased during the Build 2014 keynote address, the long-missed Start is basically guaranteed to make its return in Windows 9. Since that preview of the Start menu, replete with both Desktop and Modern UI elements, a screenshot (seen below) of an updated version of the feature has surfaced – ba-dum, chhh – through the MyDigitalLife forums.
Regardless of whether the snap is legit, since Microsoft has publicly promised the return of the Start menu, it should be safe to expect its debut in Windows 9 ... whenever that is.
Windows 9 release date, news and rumors(Credit: DUF_, MyDigitalLife)

Truly windowed Modern UI apps are coming

We already know that the new Start menu will be alive and well in Windows 9, but the latest leak points to yet another quality-of-life improvement: truly windowed Modern UI apps. Today, Modern UI apps can be opened and managed from the desktop UI, but immediately switch to that interface when selected.
No more, claims Myce through a newly-leaked screenshot (seen below). The image, allegedly pulled from Threshold build # 9795, shows a Metro, or Modern UI, app opened in a windowed state on the (likely) Windows 9 desktop.
Windows 9 release date news and rumors(Credit: Myce)

Machine learning is the future of Windows?

That's at least what Microsoft Research lead Peter Lee wants out of Windows 9. He said as much in an in-depth interview with Digital Trends recently, pointing to Microsoft's Azure cloud computing platform and Bing to hopefully be the drivers behind the next versions of Windows.
"Using machine learning to extract relationships, entities, key ideas being worked on and bring those to the surface in tools. Maybe even digital-assistant tools to make companies more productive and smarter. That's one area we're going at" for Windows 9, Lee said.
"If I write a document and I want to say, share this with the appropriate people that work with Vikram from the meeting, or say, 'what's trending around me at work,' not in my personal space but at work … answering questions like that requires a very different kind of machine learning," he said.

Windows 9 to be smaller, with more apps

In the last Microsoft earnings call CFO Peter Klein made it clear that Microsoft has got the message that Windows 8 tablets need to be cheaper; "we know that our growth depends on our ability to give customers the exciting hardware they want, at the price-points they demand."
Another revealing Microsoft job advert talks about having Windows Phone and Windows RT apps run on both Windows Phone and Windows – it's no secret that Microsoft wants to unify things in this area.
"Do you wish the code you write for Windows Store apps would just work on the Windows Phone and vice versa? If so, then this is the role for you! We are the team leading the charge to bring much of the WinRT API surface and the .NET Windows Store profile to the Phone."
That sounds like a longer term goal, given that the job advert was on the Microsoft Careers site at the beginning of February 2012, and it's being driven by the Windows Phone team, but it could give developers an incentive to write apps for the Windows Store and give Windows 9 users more to choose from. Scaling apps to fit different size screens would help here too.

Windows 9 reaches for the cloud

A vision for a smaller version of Windows with more apps sounds like it lines up nicely with rumors that Windows 9 will focus heavily on cloud computing. WZOR claims to have information that supports this idea, pointing toward a Chrome OS-like operating system that requires an internet connection.
According to the leaker group, the core of Windows 9 will live in the given system's BIOS, while the rest of the OS will reside in the cloud, ready for picking via various apps and services. (Exactly how much of the standard Windows functions would be left out is what's worrying about this rumor.)

Windows 9 power management

A recent Channel 9 video featuring Bruce Worthington, who leads the team working on Windows power management fundamentals, included some rather technical details about saving power in Windows and the improvement in Windows 8.
"If you look at the number of times we would wake up the CPU per second," he explained, "for Windows 7 you would typically see numbers on the order of one millisecond. We would literally be waking up the CPU a thousand times per second. If you look at Windows 8, on a clean system, we have numbers that are better than a hundred milliseconds. "
Now that Windows Phone 8 is based on the Windows Phone kernel, power management has to get better. "Now we're looking forward to the next release and we can get even farther – especially as we start interacting more and more with our phone brethren.
"They want us to be quiet for multiple seconds at a time. They even talk about minutes in some scenarios which is pretty far afield for us, to be thinking about minutes of being completely quiet. At least getting into the multi-second we're definitely ready to think about that."
Especially with Intel Haswell bringing Connected Standby to Core systems, not just low-power Atom tablets, saving power looks like a priority for Windows 9 (especially if it comes out at the same time as Intel's new chips.
"For the next release there's all kinds of things we've already identified that are going be quite challenging but at the same time the user is going to get a tremendous boost forward," Worthington promised.

Windows 9 gestures and experiences

There are features we predicted for Windows 8 based on Microsoft patents and technologies we've seen demonstrated by Microsoft leaders like CTO Craig Mundie that didn't make it into the OS. There are features Microsoft plans for every version of Windows that get cut to ship on time; sometimes they reappear, sometimes they don't.
Kinect-based 3D gestures might be on the cards this time around, especially as we hear that some notebooks will soon get 3D cameras – although from other suppliers rather than Microsoft.
Using two cheap webcams rather than an expensive 3D camera could make gesture recognition hardware cheap enough for laptops and then you could wave at the screen from a distance.
And maybe Direct Experience will arrive in Windows 9. The patent explains this as a way of starting Windows to play media files in a special purpose operating system and there are improvements in Hyper-V for Windows Server 8 that Microsoft could use to make Windows 9 work better for this, like being able to move a virtual machine from one place to another while it's running.
Windows 9Direct Experience would start up a media version of Windows if you booted with a USB stick of music files plugged in
One obvious question is whether Windows 9 will be 64-bit only – something that Microsoft threatened even before Windows 7 shipped – but that's going to depend on what chips are in PCs.
Cut to the chase
What is it? A complete update of Windows
When is it out? We expect it to be out in 2015
What will it cost? We really have no idea. But if Windows 8 is anything to go by, it won't cost much to upgrade.
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/ ... rs-1029245

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/ ... cleContent

Cortana, povratak start menija, novi notification center, multi-window itd. :thumbup:
Last edited by Maharadza on 30/09/2014 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

escobar__

#2 Re: Windows 9

Post by escobar__ » 14/09/2014 17:17

So it begins. :mrgreen:

Black swan

#3 Re: Windows 9

Post by Black swan » 16/09/2014 09:44

šta je osmica ne valja? :D
pa odmah brzo vraćaju start meni :D

Maharadza

#4 Re: Windows 9

Post by Maharadza » 16/09/2014 16:33

Black swan wrote:šta je osmica ne valja? :D
pa odmah brzo vraćaju start meni :D
Ovi baš hoće da svake god-dvije izbace po novi OS! :izet:

Qler

#5 Re: Windows 9

Post by Qler » 16/09/2014 18:10

Ne znam, ali ja nikakvih problema nisam imao sa osmicom, niti mi start fali. A izgleda da ce sad cesce izlaziti novi OS-ovi, i bit ce ili pravo povoljni ili dzaba, ali ce ubijati lovu na servisima tipa onedrive, skype i slicno...
poslano sa moje fax masine koristeci sekretaricu

escobar__

#6 Re: Windows 9

Post by escobar__ » 16/09/2014 18:15

Osmica je odličan OS.

Maharadza

#7 Re: Windows 9

Post by Maharadza » 16/09/2014 18:22

escobar__ wrote:Osmica je odličan OS.
Još ako vlasnici osmice dobiju devetku besplatno kako se šuška, bit će nenadjebivo! :thumbup:

EDIT: It's coming:

Darkstorm

#8 Re: Windows 9

Post by Darkstorm » 16/09/2014 22:07

upis

Vijetnamac13

#9 Re: Windows 9

Post by Vijetnamac13 » 16/09/2014 23:20

Da upratim i ja

avaks

#10 Re: Windows 9

Post by avaks » 17/09/2014 11:53

Maharadza wrote:
escobar__ wrote:Osmica je odličan OS.
Još ako vlasnici osmice dobiju devetku besplatno kako se šuška, bit će nenadjebivo! :thumbup:

EDIT: It's coming:

A ja kontam što budala kupih 8.1 original hehe :thumbup:
Mada ni protiv ovog nemam ništa ili sam jedan od rijetkih kojemu ne smeta taj metro (šta više meni i odgovara) :mrgreen:
Znam samo da mi 8ca zauzima znatno manje resursa nego 7ca i da mi igre bolje rade a i sistem mi je odokativno fluidniji i brži... Vidjećemo da li će 9ku dodatno da ispoliraju ^^

Black swan

#11 Re: Windows 9

Post by Black swan » 17/09/2014 13:57

ako budu štancali operativne možda devalviraju samu ideju novog OSa
ili se više nema šta revolucionarno izmisliti :?

barem da čekaju 4-5 godina
ili da forsiraju jedan OS sa mnogo dodataka koje izbacuju svake godine
ne znam nisam menađer :oops: al nekako kao korisnik volim oprobane dobre stvari :D

shiljak

#12 Re: Windows 9

Post by shiljak » 17/09/2014 14:31

Dobra je osmica, samo da se metro brže učitava bilo bi dobro. Da ti je brže vidjeti koliko je 10USD to BAM nego otvorit chrome i ukucat :D

escobar__

#13 Re: Windows 9

Post by escobar__ » 17/09/2014 18:11

Black swan wrote:ako budu štancali operativne možda devalviraju samu ideju novog OSa

ne znam nisam menađer :oops: al nekako kao korisnik volim oprobane dobre stvari :D
Ne znam o kakvom štancanju pričaš? Windows 95 je izašao 1995. 98 je 1998. godine, 98SE godinu kasnije, ME 2000. godine, XP 2001. godine, a onda Vista 2007., 7 2009., 8 2012., 9 će izaći 2015. godine. Ne vidim ovdje nikakvo štancanje značajno drukčije u odnosu na ono iz vremena 98-XP.

Rob_Atl

#14 Re: Windows 9

Post by Rob_Atl » 17/09/2014 20:12

Jebo te nisam ni znao da poslije XPa nisu nista izbacivali 6 godina :-) , realno i jest jedan od najboljih bio... A moraju sad izbacivati cesce \ prevelika konkurencija, jer apple do mozda prije 7-8 godina i nije bio superioran (dok nisu izbacili iphone)izbacivanjem telefona im je sve skocilo i laptopi, desktopi i sad su tu rame u rame sa windows, cim apple izbaci , eto i windowsa odma :D

escobar__

#15 Re: Windows 9

Post by escobar__ » 17/09/2014 20:54

Jest, nakon tri SP-a i stotina nadogradnji. Ko se sjeća XP-a kad je tek izašao nema potrebe da detaljišem na tu temu. :D

Black swan

#16 Re: Windows 9

Post by Black swan » 17/09/2014 21:01

escobar__ wrote:
Black swan wrote:ako budu štancali operativne možda devalviraju samu ideju novog OSa

Ne znam o kakvom štancanju pričaš? Windows 95 je izašao 1995. 98 je 1998. godine, 98SE godinu kasnije, ME 2000. godine, XP 2001. godine, a onda Vista 2007., 7 2009., 8 2012., 9 će izaći 2015. godine. Ne vidim ovdje nikakvo štancanje značajno drukčije u odnosu na ono iz vremena 98-XP.
:D jesi li ti učio u školi potencijale :D kondicionale i future :D
vidiš šta piše
AKO BUDU... dakle pitam se hoće li u budućnosti brzo štancat i sam sebi odgovaram da hoće :D pretpostavljam i onda izvodim zaključak :D

shiljak

#17 Re: Windows 9

Post by shiljak » 18/09/2014 01:47

Možda mnogi ne znaju, sad više nije Steven Sinofsky zadužen za windows dio nego Julie Larson-Green i Tami Reller. Možda sad bude drugačije nešto.

Microsoft CEO je sad Satya Nadella, a do sad je bio Steve Ballmer

Kinaski

#18 Re: Windows 9

Post by Kinaski » 18/09/2014 05:23

Mora bit djaba za nas koji imamo licenciranu 8icu. Ili bih ja mogao nekom malo mater jebat :P

MeSko Hz

#19 Re: Windows 9

Post by MeSko Hz » 18/09/2014 13:17

Trebala bi biti dobar OS WIN 9 jer će imati malo elemenata i WIN 8 i WIN 7 , jedni mi žao što se neće moći igrati igre na WIN 9 koje su se mogle igrati na WIN 7 al ko ne voli igra boli ga uvo xD

Quaresma

#20 Re: Windows 9

Post by Quaresma » 18/09/2014 20:36

mesko druze ne bacaj bombe bezveze

ko ti to rece da nece raditi igre s win7 na win9

estakvirla

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

avaks

#21 Re: Windows 9

Post by avaks » 28/09/2014 20:14

escobar__

#22 Re: Windows 9

Post by escobar__ » 28/09/2014 20:16

Sumnjam da će "divljacima" bit omogućen upgrade na Windows 9/TH/?. :D

Baj d vej...

Maharadza

#23 Re: Windows 9

Post by Maharadza » 29/09/2014 13:53

escobar__ wrote:Sumnjam da će "divljacima" bit omogućen upgrade na Windows 9/TH/?. :D

Baj d vej...
Valjda će nama omogućiti koji smo "na foru" dobili original win8 - dok je trajao onaj "propust" kada si mogao zatražiti media center key na mail i aktivirati TRAJNO win8 pro?! :mrgreen:

Qurajber

#24 Re: Windows 9

Post by Qurajber » 29/09/2014 21:31

Ma hajde, instalirat ćemo je kao i većina što je instalirala...

Teufik

#25 Re: Windows 9

Post by Teufik » 30/09/2014 15:08

Ako su pustili 8 pustit ce i 9-ku....EDIT: tj. 10-ku :lol:
Last edited by Teufik on 01/10/2014 16:07, edited 1 time in total.