Provaljeni smo

Najbolji i najgori filmovi, serije, sve o sedmoj umjetnosti...
Black swan

Provaljeni smo

Post by Black swan » 30/07/2007 14:24

Horror film fanatics: Happy to be unhappy?
Horror movies such as The Hills have eyes, The Omen, The Ring, The Exorcist, Evil Dead and the Saw make millions by scaring the crap out of people. So why do moviegoers flock to such frightening fare? It certainly seems counterintuitive that so many people would voluntarily immerse themselves in almost two hours of fear, disgust and terror. "Why do people pay for this?" "How is this enjoyable?"
Well, a new study says people who love horror flicks are happy to be unhappy. People experience both negative and positive emotions simultaneously – people may actually enjoy being scared, not just relief when the threat is removed. As the study authors put it, “the most pleasant moments of a particular event may also be the most fearful.”
Till now, researchers said there are generally two reasons why people like horror movies.
The first is that the person is not actually afraid, but excited by the movie.
The second is that they are willing to endure the terror in order to enjoy a euphoric sense of relief at the end said Eduardo Andrade (University of California, Berkeley) and Joel B. Cohen (University of Florida) in their study which will appear in the August issue of the Journal of Consumer Research.
“The assumption of people’s inability to experience positive and negative affect at the same time is incorrect, ” the authors say.
Andrade and Cohen developed and utilize a new methodology to track negative and positive feelings at the same time. Their method could apply to other experiences that seem to elicit terror, risk, or disgust, such as extreme sports (or following the careers of Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan or even perhaps just being a Philadelphia Phillies fan) Others say horror films are unsettling because they are designed to frighten and panic, cause dread and alarm, and to invoke our hidden worst fears, often in a terrifying, shocking finale, while captivating and entertaining us at the same time in a cathartic experience. Horror films effectively center on the dark side of life, the forbidden, and strange and alarming events. They deal with our most primal nature and its fears: our nightmares, our vulnerability, our alienation, our revulsions, our terror of the unknown, our fear of death and dismemberment, loss of identity, or fear of sexuality. Horror films go back as far as the onset of films themselves, over 100 years ago. From our earliest days, we use our vivid imaginations to see ghosts in shadowy shapes, to be emotionally connected to the unknown and to fear things that are improbable. Watching a horror film gives an opening into that scary world, into an outlet for the essence of fear itself, without actually being in danger. Weird as it sounds, there's a very real thrill and fun factor in being scared or watching disturbing, horrific images, says this horror film site. Personally, I’ll be seeing The Simpsons movie this weekend, thanks.

danas nakon 1000 horrora :D plaši me samo zvuk... jak zvuk
i ne volim (medicinsku) iglu - traume iz djetinjstva
i to je to
filmove gledam što volim pokretne slike... i to je to :oops:

faye

Re: Provaljeni smo

Post by faye » 30/07/2007 20:12

komi wrote:i ne volim (medicinsku) iglu

a koje volis :mrgreen: one za sivanje? pletenje, heklanje? :mrgreen:

vezano za temu, ne bih se bas slozila. mada, nikad mi nije ni bilo jasno zasto volim da gledam horore (jos odkako sam bila mala :mrgreen:) ali nisam se nikad puno to ni pitala (mada me jesu drugi pitali)
upravo se spremam da pogledam jedan, pa cu se usput analizirati :mrgreen: samo me strah da gledam sama :( al nece niko sa mnom da gleda :(

superxenon

Post by superxenon » 30/07/2007 20:18

gdje zivis? doci cu da gledamo :D

faye

Post by faye » 01/08/2007 19:21

:oops: ja tek sad vidjela :( :D