Monte Negro and Sandzak

Stranke, političari... Recite i Vi svoje mišljenje!
Midas1970

#1 Monte Negro and Sandzak

Post by Midas1970 » 15/06/2006 17:05

Some questions about Sandzak from somebody who'd like to get to know the Bosnian politics and current affairs a little better:
- Do you think Sandzak is a potential conflict hotspot ?
- How will Monte Negro's seperation effect Sandzak (now that it is divided in two)?
- How's the political/personal/economical/cultural relations between BiH (and Bosnians) and Sandzak ?

Thanks for your time....

rumenko

Post by rumenko » 15/06/2006 17:13

afkors...i pozdravi.... boys from the end :D ...dobar je memo...

Last_one

#3 Re: Monte Negro and Sandzak

Post by Last_one » 15/06/2006 17:19

Midas1970 wrote:Some questions about Sandzak from somebody who'd like to get to know the Bosnian politics and current affairs a little better:
- How will Monte Negro's seperation effect Sandzak (now that it is divided in two)?
- How's the political/personal/economical/cultural relations between BiH (and Bosnians) and Sandzak ?

Thanks for your time....
There,in Bosnia is so many people from Sandzak ...they comeing here to work or to study....or to live here because they thinking that they belonging here..( I don't know why??? :? :? :? )
Anyway,I think that they are more happy now in new state of Montenegro...they are now major population if we include a Ulcinj area too ( also muslim area...)
I do not think that Sandzak wanth to make conflict now in new state....but some others maby could...I mean on Christian's in Montenegro...Wery soon they will realised some numbers...like how many Albanians...how many Sanzak's ....how many Christian's...
I can see problems in future....but not so soon

Jastreb35

Post by Jastreb35 » 15/06/2006 19:09

That is possible but only as a reaction to events in Bosnia. There is large community of "born again" muslims in Sandzak that next time around would not sit idly if Serbian army invades Bosnia. Although this would result in high number of casualties among civilians of Sandzak, it would destabilize Serbia and bring about withdrawal from Bosnia. Other than that, it is hard to envision any political proces instigating armed warfare in Sandzak.
Depends on progress Montenegro makes on the path towards European Union membership. It is very possible that Serbian part of Sandzak will demand some form of autonomy once they see their southern brethren enjoying benefits of unrestricted travel and flourishing economy.
Most of the interaction between Sandzak and Bosnia is being done thru efforts of individuals, whether it's investments or political initiatives. As there are no mutual strategic goals, lack of institutionalized ties does not pose a major problem. Exception to this can be found in umbrella organization of islamic community in Sandzak, Muftijstvo Sandzacko, which traditionaly gravitates to Sarajevo.

Midas1970

Post by Midas1970 » 15/06/2006 19:54

i'm loving this forum already.... great insights beatrice, jastreb... thanks...
Ok one more question then: What do you think is the reason Sandzak (thankfully) was untouched by violent conflict during the 90s, even though it lay deep inside Serbia?

Batonus

#6 Re: Monte Negro and Sandzak

Post by Batonus » 15/06/2006 20:30

Midas1970 wrote:Some questions about Sandzak from somebody who'd like to get to know the Bosnian politics and current affairs a little better:

Thanks for your time....
1.) Sandzak is not potential conflict hotspot. In Sandzak Bosniaks are majority, but not predominant. If you take a look at census of Montenegro and Census of Serbia for muncipalities that are part of Sandzak region, you will see there are 199 000 Bosniaks (49%).And other thing is that although Sandzak is conciders as some sort of "Bosniak region", only in five muncipalities: Novi Pazar,Tutin,Sjenica (Serbia) and Rozaje and Plav (Montenegro) they made over 50% of population. And what is also important is that Bosniaks of Sandzak had no connection with Bosnia. On so called border of Sandzak and Bosnia, there are Pljevlja and Priboj,and in those places Bosniaks made only 5% of population.

2.) Sandzak is not administrative unit, so there will be no real consequences... There will probably be some positive effects... From Bijelo Polje (third greatest city in Montenegro) Bosniaks made 35% of population. With Serb leaving to Serbia and selling land to Bosniaks, they will probably become majority. In near future that can be the case with other city of Montenegrin part of Sandzak:Pljevlja, where today lives predominantly Serb population... If that happens, ethnic Bosniaks from Gusinje,Pljevlja,Berane,Rozaje will be able to establish link with Bosnian border...

3.) Bosnia is multiethnic country and there is no way that other two ethnic groups would let Bosniaks to financily and any other way help Bosniak in Sandzak... There are links in education, but tendency is that Bosniaks from Serbian part of Sandzak (Novi Pazar, Tutin, Sjenica, Prijepolje) stay in Bosnia after finishing school...today there are over 40 000 Bosniaks from Sandzak,living in Sarajevo,that makes 10% of Sarajevo's population.

Jastreb35

Post by Jastreb35 » 15/06/2006 20:31

There were group killings of Bosniaks in Sandzak. Atrocities in Štrpci, Sjeverin, Kukurovići i Bukovica were ways of paralyzing any response to Serbian invasion of Bosnia. Also, it is important to bear in mind Serbia's claim that Bosnian war was civil war, and that it had nothing to do with it. Any attempt of state sponsored ethnic cleansing in Sandzak would be evidence against such claims.

As far as generalizations go, just ignore it. Sandzak people don't deserve it any more than Scots, Serbs or Jews.

Batonus

Post by Batonus » 15/06/2006 20:40

Midas1970 wrote:i'm loving this forum already.... great insights beatrice, jastreb... thanks...
Ok one more question then: What do you think is the reason Sandzak (thankfully) was untouched by violent conflict during the 90s, even though it lay deep inside Serbia?
There was a case of Sjeverin (small village in Sandzak) where Yugoslav Army Forces took Bosniak men,they are missing till these days.. It is not big number, about 40 - 50 men.

There was no rebel in Sandzak, and Milosevic didn't worry about Sandzak, probably wanting to get support of Bosniaks there, so he could send that picture...there was no support of Milosevic, but there was no actions against him...they waited silently and got throgh '90....

Midas1970

Post by Midas1970 » 16/06/2006 00:35

Thanks for your comments guys and gals...

Batonus

Post by Batonus » 16/06/2006 00:55

No problem.

If you are doing report for some newspaper,I'm sorry did you didn't find fundamentalist thoughts here about "great Bosnia and Sandzak", or changing teritories Sandzak and RS...

There is saying in Bosnia:"What is ours we dont give, what is else's we dont want"

domi

#11 Re: Monte Negro and Sandzak

Post by domi » 16/06/2006 01:55

Thanks for your time....
I just wanted to give you an advice, since you were lucky, you know, being born someplace normal. RUN........RUNNNNNNNNNN :D :D as far away from anything that has anything to do with Bosnia and Balkans as a whole.
To tell you the truth, WE don't know anymore what's going on...

I am not trying to insult your ineligence, but this is what we call Bosnian Stew or in other words - anything goes.

Anyway....if you still decide to pursue the real truth ( there is only one, but some think there are 3 )- good luck....you'll need it brother :D

Midas1970

Post by Midas1970 » 16/06/2006 02:32

Batonus, i wasn't looking for any particular kind of opinion. Just any Bosnian opinion. I enjoyed what you had to say and explain. Thanks.

Domi, i have my roots in the Balkans, so running away is unfortunately not an option... And trust me, I've tried it.... Thanks

domi

Post by domi » 16/06/2006 02:46

Midas1970 wrote:
Domi, i have my roots in the Balkans, so running away is unfortunately not an option... And trust me, I've tried it.... Thanks
Well, in that case......WELCOME ( BACK ) TO HELL !!!! :D :D

Beatrice_22.....sweet dreams. :)

novel

Post by novel » 16/06/2006 07:16

:D i believe so :oops: didnt U read local news :D "Osama (himself) manufactring, producing cheese and other dairy product in Sandzak for Bosnian market" :D it's bloody good reason for us (Bosnians) to launch attack on them :D :oops:
i have my roots in the Balkans
:D Btw, what is your relationship to the srbijan royal family :? they also can't speak our language :oops: :D

bez kralja nevalja :oops:

Batonus

Post by Batonus » 16/06/2006 22:12

Anyway, I hope to see some new topics in english...

Zadig

Post by Zadig » 16/06/2006 23:30

Batonus wrote:No problem.

If you are doing report for some newspaper,I'm sorry did you didn't find fundamentalist thoughts here about "great Bosnia and Sandzak", or changing teritories Sandzak and RS...

There is saying in Bosnia:"What is ours we dont give, what is else's we dont want"
I guess most of those mofo's don't write or read english...LOL
Or they don't come here as often.

In any case, Midas, if you are a Turk living in Toronto, it would be a good idea for you to hook up with some Bosnians there. You can get a first hand information and a real time dialog. I don't gurantee you'll learn much except that there are million little versions of the Balkan truth.

Good luck in any way!

Harrys

Post by Harrys » 16/06/2006 23:52

@Midas1970
Have you understood something or anything :D but I think nothing. :D :D

muha_sa

Post by muha_sa » 16/06/2006 23:54

Vozdra i bite reha--šta mai mota kod bete--vdjeo šlodo tolje--vopra ćevru--

Harrys

Post by Harrys » 17/06/2006 00:05

:lol: :lol:

vozdra i bite hamu. :D mane stani,damgle tekme,cevru i vdeo,zdamo dzemdo. :D :D

muha_sa

Post by muha_sa » 17/06/2006 00:08

Vija mi da jemopi fuka--ždamo štone i tolju--

domi

Post by domi » 17/06/2006 00:55

. I don't gurantee you'll learn much except that there are million little versions of the Balkan truth.
Good luck in any way![/quote]

Hm...I beg to differ :D , there are no million versions of the truth in Bosnia....there are only THREE....so, let's not make things appear worse than they already are...okey-dokey!? :D

domi

Post by domi » 17/06/2006 00:57

muha_sa wrote:Vija mi da jemopi fuka--ždamo štone i tolju--
Yes, yes....natirlih :-) :D tolju, tolju....

Zadig

Post by Zadig » 17/06/2006 02:41

domi wrote:. I don't gurantee you'll learn much except that there are million little versions of the Balkan truth.
Good luck in any way!

Hm...I beg to differ :D , there are no million versions of the truth in Bosnia....there are only THREE....so, let's not make things appear worse than they already are...okey-dokey!? :D[/quote]

I hardly think we can make things worse than they already are, but OK 3...is the magic number...obviously...
:D

baba

Post by baba » 17/06/2006 03:29

Kakva su ovo sranja na Engleskom jeziku? Kako bi bilo da na BiH forumima pocnemo koristiti Svedski, Norveski, Njemacki. Nikome ba nije zabremede sto neko zna strani jezik ili dva. To je normalna pojava. Zato dragi moji Bosanci i Hercegovci pocnite rasprave na maternjem jeziku or get a fuck off, primitivci-primitivni.

domi

Post by domi » 17/06/2006 03:41

baba wrote:Kakva su ovo sranja na Engleskom jeziku? Kako bi bilo da na BiH forumima pocnemo koristiti Svedski, Norveski, Njemacki. Nikome ba nije zabremede sto neko zna strani jezik ili dva. To je normalna pojava. Zato dragi moji Bosanci i Hercegovci pocnite rasprave na maternjem jeziku or get a fuck off, primitivci-primitivni.

Hos i ti malo tolju, tolju... :lol: