Drag Queen

Kulturna dešavanja, predstave, izložbe, festivali, obrazovanje i budućnost mladih...
StLouis

Drag Queen

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 01:32

Koliko i sta znate o drag kulturi? Da li ste vec posjetili drag show? Ne znam da li kod nas postoji, i da li se je uopce legalno baviti drag-om...? Jos davne 1996, s grupom prijatelja u Hamburgu sam posjetio drag show. Bio sam sav zbunjen, jer nikad nisam predpostavljao da cu imati priliku da gledam nesto slicno. Vjerovali ili ne, bilo je fantasticno. 1998 godine sam se preselio u USA. Jedna moja rodica me je isto tako odvela na drag show. Ona ih je naprosto obozavala. S njom sam upoznao jedan neobican, novi svijet, i novu kulturu.

Vecina drag queensica nastupa profesionalno, iz hobija ili u svrhu umejtnickog izrazavanja. Postoji i odredjeni broj heteroseksualnih muskaraca, kao i zena koje nastupaju kao drag queensice. Takodje, postoje i transrodne i transeksualne osobe koje oblace drag u svrhu nastupa. Za razliku od transvestita, ciji svrha u presvlacenju jeste privatne seksualne ili polno/rodne prirode, drag queensice se oblace za javnost i za nastup.

Drag se sastoji u pretjerivanju, bilo u dimenzijama (visoke stikle, ogromne grudi, visoke perike, preduge trepavice...), u bojama (jaka sminka, jake boje perika, jake boje odjee, sarenilo) ili u stilu (nocna elegancija u toku dana, istorijski kostimi, naglasavanje seksualnoti i seksualnih (zenskih) atributa i sl.). Cilj tog pretjerivanja jeste da se naglasi zenstvenost uz ironiju i, cesto, samo-ironiju. Iz tog razloga drag predstavlja tipican primjer kemp estetike.

Drag nastup ili „Drag Show“ se sastoji, obicno, od niza pjesama i monologa ili skeceva u kojima ucestvuje jedna ili vise drag queens. Kvalitet predstave se krece od amaterskog jeftinog nastupa po lokalnim barovima, do profesionalnih vodviljskih ili kabare nastupa, sa skupom opremom i visokim kvalitetom izvedbe.

U toku nastupa drag queens cesto imitiraju pop zvijezde i gej ikone, kao sto su Madonna, Cher, Marilyn Monroe i druge.

Drag queens na filmu i u popularnoj kulturi;

- Slovenska grupa Sestre na Eurosongu, 2002. godine.

- The Lady Chablis je transvestita i drag queensica u filmu Ponoc u vrtu dobra i zla Klint Istvuda iz 1997.

- Starina (Nathan Lane) u filmu The Birdcage (Mike Nichols) iz 1996. godine.

- Noxeema Jackson (Wesley Snipes), Vida Boheme (Patrick Swayze i Chi-Chi Rodriguez (John Leguizamo) u filmu To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar iz 1995.

- Bernadette Bassenger (Terence Stamp), Mitzi Del Bra (Hugo Weaving) i Felicia Jollygoodfellow Guy Pearce) u kultnom filmu The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert iz 1994. godinen.

- RuPaul je jedna od najpoznatijih drag queensica.

- Letal(Miguel Bosé) u filmu Visoke potpetice, Pedro Almodovara iz 1991. godine.

Lady Chablis Image

Spot slovenske grupe Sestre "Samo ljubezen" http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... stre&hl=en

nastavak slijedi :)
Last edited by StLouis on 31/12/2006 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

pitt

Post by pitt » 31/12/2006 01:34

Bude svake godine ovdje parada. Znam jednog sto ucestvuje vazda :D:D

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 01:36

Drag queen revolucija

tekst je na engleskom, vremenski sam ogranicen da sve ovo prevdem, ali ako ima dobrovoljaca, neka nastave :)

The Stonewall raid and the aftermath

On Saturday morning, June 28, 1969, not long after 1:20 a.m., police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in Greenwich Village. A number of factors differentiated the raid that took place on June 28 from other such raids on the Stonewall Inn. In general, the sixth precinct tipped off the management of the Stonewall Inn prior to a raid. In addition, raids were generally carried out early enough in the night to allow business to return to normal for the peak hours of the night. At approximately 1:20 AM, much later than the usual raid, eight officers from the first precinct, of which only one was in uniform, entered the bar. Most of the patrons were able to escape being arrested as the only people arrested “would be those without IDs, those dressed in the clothes of the opposite gender, and some or all of the employees” (Duberman 192).

Details about how the riot started vary from story to story. According to one account, a transgendered woman named Sylvia Rivera threw a bottle at a police officer after being prodded by his nightstick (Duberman). Another account states that a lesbian, being brought to a patrol car through the crowd put up a struggle that encouraged the crowd to do the same (D’Emilio 232). Whatever the case may be, mêlée broke out across the crowd—which quickly overtook the police. Stunned, the police retreated into the bar. Heterosexual folk singer Dave van Ronk, who was walking through the area, was grabbed by the police, pulled into the bar, and beaten. The crowd’s attacks were unrelenting. Some tried to light the bar on fire. Others used a parking meter as a battering ram to force the police officers out. Word quickly spread of the riot and many residents, as well as patrons of nearby bars, rushed to the scene.

Throughout the night the police singled out many effeminate men and often beat them. On the first night alone 13 people were arrested and four police officers, as well as an undetermined number of protesters, were injured. It is known, however, that at least two rioters were severely beaten by the police (Duberman 201-202). Bottles and stones were thrown by protesters who chanted “Gay Power!” The crowd, estimated at over 2000, fought with over 400 police officers.

The police sent additional forces in the form of the Tactical Patrol Force, a riot-control squad originally trained to counter anti-Vietnam War protesters. The tactical patrol force arrived to disperse the crowd. However, they failed to break up the crowd, who sprayed them with rocks and other projectiles.

Eventually the scene quieted down, but the crowd returned again the next night. While less violent than the first night, the crowd had the same electricity that was seen in the first. Skirmishes between the rioters and the police ensued until approximately 4:00 AM. The third day of rioting fell five days after the raid on the Stonewall Inn. On that Wednesday, 1,000 people congregated at the bar and again caused extensive property damage.

Last edited by StLouis on 31/12/2006 01:38, edited 1 time in total.

pitt

Post by pitt » 31/12/2006 01:38

ma jok :D:D

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 01:40

Poznata japanska modna dizajnerica i muzicarka Mana.

pitt

Post by pitt » 31/12/2006 01:43

Minnela wrote:
pitt wrote:ma jok :D:D

vjerujem ti :D :D

Nije ba fakat :roll:

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 01:45

Luciana Duvall(rodjen kao Lucian Duvall) Rumunjska pjevacica, i glumica, osnivac grupe Toxic.

Bumbar

Post by Bumbar » 31/12/2006 01:48

Last edited by Bumbar on 31/12/2006 01:54, edited 1 time in total.

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 01:52

Charles Pierce

This article is about Charles Pierce, not to be confused with the mathematician and philosopher Charles Peirce. For the American writer, see Charlie Pierce.

Charles Pierce (July 14, 1926 - May 31, 1999) was one of the 20th century's foremost female impersonators, particularly noted for his impersonation of Bette Davis.

Born in Watertown, New York. He began his show business career playing the organ and acting in radio dramas at station WWNY. He branched out into a comedy routine, attired in tuxedo, yet managing to evoke eerily convincing imitations of popular movie actresses. Eschewing the term drag queen, which he hated, he billed himself as a male actress.

Initially playing in small gay clubs, his fame spread. He took up residence in San Francisco, California, where his act became well-known to Hollywood stars. As he toured, his costuming became more elaborate, initially adding small props, later full costume and makeup changes. His imitations were imitated by other female impersonators, and his roles included Bette Davis, Mae West, Tallulah Bankhead, Gloria Swanson and Joan Crawford, which became the drag queen canon. His act was centered on wit rather than accurate mimicry.

Pierce also appeared on an early episode of the hit 80's TV sitcom, "Designing Women" as a guide on a cruise ship. During the episode, he imitated Joan Collins (as the ship's waitress) and Bette Davis (as the ships lounge entertainment). As Davis he quips: "WAS that Joan Collins I saw earlier? ONE bitch on this boat is enough!"

He died in North Hollywood, California, aged 72, and was cremated. His ashes were interred in the Columbarium of Providence, Forest Lawn - Hollywood Hills Cemetery in Los Angeles, California.

In Bea Arthur's Tony Award-nominated one-woman show, Just Between Friends, which she played on Broadway and in London's West End, Arthur performs Pierce's favorite joke, A Mother's Ingenuity. It can be heard in the CD soundtrack.

He appeared in Joan Rivers' Rabbit Test (film) (1978) as Queen Elizabeth II, and in Torch Song Trilogy (1988) as Bertha Venation.Image

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 01:59

eee moram se iskesiti :D

Divine, poznata glumica

biografija

Harris Glenn Milstead (October 19, 1945 – March 7, 1988) was best known for his drag persona, Divine.

Early life

Born in Towson, Maryland to Bernard and Diana Frances Milstead, at the age of 12 the family moved to Lutherville, a suburb of Baltimore. John Waters was a childhood friend who lived six houses down the street.

Film career

Milstead starred in a number of films and was part of the regular cast known as the Dreamlanders. The Dreamlanders appeared in many of John Waters' earlier works such as Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, Polyester, and Hairspray. Repeating their successful pairing in Polyester, in 1985 Divine appeared opposite Tab Hunter in their bigger hit Lust in the Dust.

He is also remembered as a major character in the documentary homage Divine Trash by Steve Yeager, covering the life and work of John Waters.

In the 1980s, Milstead's dance-music records were hits through America, Europe, and Australia. The typical progressive type of synthesizer disco music was composed, created, performed and produced by Bobby Orlando. In Britain his Stock, Aitken and Waterman record "You Think You're A Man" was his most successful hit, reaching #16.

In 1988, the British film The Fruit Machine (1988), a/k/a Wonderland (USA), utilized Milstead's songs in a nightclub disco dance sequence that showcased an early Robbie Coltrane in drag as "Annabelle", the club's owner (a cross between Divine and Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz).

Late in his career, Milstead also played in non-drag roles in his last three films: Trouble in Mind, Hairspray, and Out of the Dark. In Hairspray he played two roles, one male and one female (which he had first done in the earlier Female Trouble).

Sudden death

In 1988, Milstead was chosen to portray the dual character of Peggy Bundy's Mother and her Uncle Otto on the new FOX prime-time series Married With Children. Quite unexpectedly, he died at age 42 from sleep apnea in Los Angeles, California due to his obesity. The producers of Married With Children sent flowers to the funeral, along with a humorous card that read, "If you didn't want to do the show, you could have just SAID something!" [citation needed]

His funeral in Towson, Maryland was preceded by a funeral procession attended by thousands.

"Glenn was born before civil rights, gay rights, or women's rights...God doesn't want people created out of a Xerox machine...The tragedy is that Glenn was cut off right at the point of becoming who he really was, and the world will never see how that flower could have unfolded."

–Reverend Leland Higginbotham at Divine's eulogy; Baltimore, Maryland, March, 1988

Filmography

* Roman Candles (1966)
* Eat Your Makeup (1968)
* The Diane Linkletter Story (1969)
* Mondo Trasho (1969)
* Multiple Maniacs (1970)
* Pink Flamingos (1972)
* Female Trouble (1974)
* Underground and Emigrants (1976) (documentary)
* Tally Brown, New York (1979) (documentary)
* The Alternative Miss World (1980) (documentary)
* Polyester (1981)
* Lust in the Dust (1984)
* I Wanna Be a Beauty Queen (1985) (documentary)
* Divine Waters (1985) (documentary)
* Trouble in Mind (1985)
* The Fruit Machine, a/k/a Wonderland (USA), (1988) (soundtrack)
* Hairspray (1988)
* Out of the Dark (1989)

Discography

* My First Album (1982)
* Jungle Jezebel (1982)
* The Story So Far (1984)
* Maid In England (1988)
* The Best Of & The Rest Of (1989) (compilation)
* The 12" Collection (1993) (compilation)
* Born to Be Cheap (1995) (live)
* Shoot Your Shot (1995)
* The Originals and the Remixes (1996) (2 CD compilation)
* The Best of Divine (1997) (compilation)

(all produced by Bob Orlando)

Disco and Hi-NRG dance hits (music)

* "Native Love (Step by Step)" (1982)
* "Shoot Your Shot" (1983)
* "Love Reaction" (1983)
* "Shake It Up" (1983)
* "You Think You're a Man" (1984)
* "I'm So Beautiful" (1984)
* "Hard Magic" (1985)
* "Walk Like a Man" (1985)
* "Twistin' The Night Away" (1985)
* "Hey You!" (1987)
* "From The Greatest Lover You Have Ever Known (Funky House Mix) http://mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3ID=17620 (2005)

Trivia

According to "The Making of The Little Mermaid" documentary included on the 2006 re-release of Disney film The Little Mermaid, Divine was in part the inspiration for the design of the character Ursula the Sea Witch.

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 02:03

Panti, poznata irska drag queen .

Panti is a drag queen originally from County Mayo, Ireland, Since 1996 Panti has been the hostess of the annual Alternative Miss Ireland pageant. Considered by many as the grande dame of the Dublin gay scene, Panti is the most influential of all Irish drag queens.

Having spent several years in Tokyo, Panti (performing as part of double act CANDIPANTI), she returned to Ireland in 1995. Panti co-created (together with Niall Sweeney, Tonie Walsh and Trish Brennan) and hosted several transgressive and popular performance based club nights - GAG, POWDERBUBBLE and H.A.M., in turn spawning sister clubs such as GRISTLE.

Panti hosts a weekly karaoke show (The Casting Couch) at The Front Lounge, Dublin. She regularly appears with drag queen Shirley Temple Bar at her weekly Bingo show in Dublin's best known gay bar, The George. She has also appeared on the Maury Povich talk show in the US.

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 02:07

Holly Woodlawn

Holly Woodlawn (born Haroldo Santiago Franceschi Rodriguez Danhakl on October 26, 1946) was a Warhol superstar, who appeared in his movies Trash (1970) and Women in Revolt (1972). Her life was summarized by Lou Reed in his song Walk on the Wild Side:
“ Holly came from Miami FLA, hitch-hiked her way across the USA, plucked her eyebrows on the way, shaved her legs, and then he was a she... ”

Biography

Born in Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico, she adopted the name Holly as an homage to the heroine of Breakfast at Tiffany's and in 1969 added the surname from a sign she saw on an episode of I Love Lucy.

Career

She met Andy Warhol in the Factory at a screening of Flesh. Through him she met Jackie Curtis, who cast Woodlawn in her play Heaven Grand in Amber Orbit in the autumn of 1969. In October she was assigned a bit role in Trash, but so impressed director Paul Morrissey that she was given a larger role. In 1970 she received word from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences that George Cukor, supported by others, was petitioning the Academy to nominate her for Trash.

In May 1971, Woodlawn replaced Candy Darling at the La Mama Theatre, New York in a production of Vain Victory written and directed by Jackie Curtis. She was arrested and briefly incarcerated in Puerto Rico after being caught shoplifting.

By 1976 the work had dried up and Holly moved to San Francisco. She returned to New York later in the year and had a brief revival after appearing on the Geraldo talk show before being jailed again in 1977 for not fulfilling a previous probation obligation. She was released on the appeal of politician Ethan Geto, who helped organize a benefit for her.

Woodlawn continued to make cameo appearances in plays and films such as Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss throughout the 1980s and 1990s. After Warhol's death, she was a frequently requested commentator on his life and influence. She currently resides in West Hollywood, California.

Woodlawn began performing in cabaret shows, incorporating stories of her life with songs that she felt reflected her life, in sold-out New York and Los Angeles performances in the early 2000s.

Further reading

* A Low Life in High Heels, Holly Woodlawn and Jeff Copeland
* Andy Warhol Close Up, Bob Colacello
* Man Enough to be a Woman, Jayne County

Selected filmography

* Milwaukee, Minnesota (2003)
* Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss (1998)
* Broken Goddess (1973)
* Scarecrow in a Garden of Cucumbers (1972)
* Women In Revolt (1972)
* Trash (1970) (a.k.a "Andy Warhol's Trash")

External links

* Holly Woodlawn's Official Website
* Holly Woodlawn at the Warhol Superstars Website
* Holly Woodlawn at the Internet Movie Database
* The La Mama Theatre

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 02:18

dobar video klip od Rupaul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8Vz0tBTt4

Velvet Edne, dobar japanski bend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS30m26-I3E

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 02:23

Jimmy James, jedan od naj originalnijih interpretatora Marilyn Monroe

Biography

Jimmy James was born in San Antonio, Texas. As a toddler he was always singing, dancing and dressing up in his mother's clothes. Growing up in the 1970's, Jimmy was brought up by the films of W.C. Fields and his interest in impersonation was initiated through mimicking Mae West in My Little Chickadee, he was also heavily influenced by variety television. Flip Wilson, Carol Burnett and Johnny Carson are some of the shows that are said to have inspired him.
A classic shot of Jimmy, used to obtain bookings as Marilyn Monroe.
Enlarge
A classic shot of Jimmy, used to obtain bookings as Marilyn Monroe.

James began to notice his talent for vocal mimicry at a young age, his first impression being that of Cher, a longtime idol of James', developed through watching The Sonny & Cher Show. With dedicated practice on his own, James discovered that he could also accurately imitate voices of Eartha Kitt, Billie Holiday, Patsy Cline, Bette Davis, Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand and many others using his impressions as a means to escape. At nineteen James was studying dramatic arts, specifically theatrical make-up in the hope to pursue a career as a make-up artist. As a result of using his own face as a canvas to practice his techniques James discovered a marked similarity between his facial structure and that of the late Marilyn Monroe. With this discovery James attempted to re-create both her look and the vocal presence. After winning a Halloween contest in 1984 James decided to take up a career as a performance artist impersonating Marilyn Monroe. Believing that the only way to make money in San Antonio as a performer was to take up a career as a drag queen, James took his show "Marilyn Monroe and Voices" (which was both self-written and produced) to the gay bars and clubs of San Antonio. It was there that he received a call from an Atlantic City producer asking James to perform in a production of "La Cage Aux Folles", an offer he accepted but later regretted.

In 1986 James fled Atlantic City to escape his difficult producer and the production of which he had been forced to lip-synch, in the hope of revitalizing his career in Provincetown. James soon became one of the most popular entertainers in Provincetown with his show "The One and Many Voices of Jimmy James". The fame generated by both this show and his Marilyn Monroe impression lead to several regular television appearances on shows such as Donahue, Sally, Geraldo, Joan Rivers, Entertainment Tonight, CNN and Showtime, he gained national and international exposure. Jimmy James was in high demand world wide from New York to Australia.

In addition to the touring, Jimmy was also the face of a number of commercial ad campaigns. Eyewear manufacturer L.A. Eyeworks used an image of Jimmys´ Marilyn in a worldwide campaign. One other notable ad was a giant billboard in the center of Times Square featuring James as Marilyn, Bette Davis and Judy Garland advertising clothing manufacturer Kenar

In January 27, 1998 Jimmy James launched his solo singing career on release of his first single "Who Wants to Be Your Lover". Although he admits himself he was disappointed with the song, the track hit #1 in Japan and went to #15 on the US Dance Chart, otherwise known as Hot Dance Music/Club Play.

In 1999 James released recordings of his shows performed in Province town: "The One and Many Voices of Jimmy James" and "Have Yourself a Jimmy James Merry Christmas" the latter made in the memory of the daughter of a friend of Jimmy James' who died of leukemia.

In 2002 James released another album, this time recorded in a small club in New York, featuring a few of his work in progress shows.

In 2006, after a break from his career as a solo recorded artist, James' recorded Fashionista - a pop dance track from his upcoming album Jamestown. The single was featured on Billboard's heatseeker list and peaked at #15 on the dance chart.

Jimmy James is due to make his UK debut at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival where he will be performing at the Bongo Club.

Discography

1998 Who Wants To Be Your Lover
1999 The One and Many Voices of Jimmy James - Live
1999 Have Yourself a Jimmy James Merry Christmas
2002 Raw
2006 Fashionista

Oficijelna stranica http://www.jimmyjames.com/main.htm

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 02:26

Flotilla DeBarge

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 02:30

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 02:37

drag queen karneval

Legendarna Priscilla

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 05:01

Alexis Arquette

Alexis Arquette (born on July 28, 1969 in Los Angeles, California) is a transgendered American actress, musician, L.A. area underground cartoonist, and drag performer who is part of a family of actors including siblings Patricia, David, Richmond, and Rosanna Arquette, her father Lewis Arquette and her grandfather Cliff Arquette. She is the sister-in-law of actress Courteney Cox from the former TV show Friends.

Arquette has spent the majority of her career in the public eye identifying as a male. When appearing as a woman it was primarily as a drag performer and frequently under the name "Eva Destruction." It is only later in her career that she made public her wish to transition and her intention to complete sex reassignment surgery, and that she has begun the process. To this end, Arquette has publicly declared that she considers her gender identity to be female. Under U.S. law, transgender individuals are generally permitted to determine their own gender identity, regardless of their birth sex. [1] More information can be found at the article transgender.

Lesser known than Patricia, David, and Rosanna, the majority of her film work has been limited to low-budget or independent films. These have included her critically acclaimed debut performance as male-to-female transsexual Georgette in Last Exit to Brooklyn. She also appeared in I Think I Do, Children of the Corn V, and Killer Drag Queens on Dope, among 40 other independent pictures.

Arquette has appeared in supporting roles in mainstream films, including Pulp Fiction, Threesome, Bride of Chucky and a memorable appearance as a Boy George fanatic in The Wedding Singer, singing "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" over and over. Arquette has also performed in low-budget pornographic films as her "Destruction" persona.

In September 2005, VH1 announced her casting in an upcoming season of the reality show The Surreal Life. She mentioned on the show, unscripted, that she does not want people to call her either a man or a woman, but a transgendered individual—in her words, a "tranny."

[edit] Filmography

* Down and Out in Beverly Hills (1986)
* Last Exit to Brooklyn (1989)
* Death of a Schoolboy (1990)
* Miracle Beach (1992)
* Jumpin' at the Boneyard (1992)
* Terminal Bliss (1992)
* Of Mice and Men (1992)
* The Killing Box (1993)
* Grief (1993)
* Jack Be Nimble (1993)
* Frank and Jesse (1994)
* Threesome (1994)
* Pulp Fiction (1994)
* Don't Do It (1994)
* Paradise Framed (1995)
* Wigstock: The Movie (1995) (documentary)
* Frisk (1995)
* White Man's Burden (1995)
* Kiss & Tell (1996)
* Sometimes They Come Back... Again (1996)
* Things I Never Told You (1996)
* Never Met Picasso (1996)
* Scream, Teen, Scream (1996) (short subject)
* Inside Out (1997) (short subject)
* I Think I Do (1997)
* Goodbye America (1997)
* Close To (1997) (short subject)
* Love Kills (1998)
* Fool's Gold (1998)
* The Wedding Singer (1998)
* Cleopatra's Second Husband (1998)
* Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror (1998)
* Bride of Chucky (1998)
* Tomorrow by Midnight (1999)
* Out in Fifty (1999)
* She's All That (1999)
* Clubland (1999)
* Citizens of Perpetual Indulgence (2000)
* Piccadilly Pickups (2000)
* The Price of Air (2000)
* Boys Life 3 (2000)
* The Woman Every Man Wants (2001)
* Audit (2001) (short subject)
* Digital Sex (2001) (documentary)
* The Trip (2002)
* Spun (2002)
* Killer Drag Queens On Dope (2003)
* The Movie Hero (2003)
* Wasabi Tuna (2003)
* Lords of Dogtown (2005)
* Hubert Selby Jr: It'll Be Better Tomorrow (2005) (documentary)

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 05:12

The Lady Bunny

The Lady Bunny (Jon Ingle, 1962 - )[1] is an American drag queen originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee, who has lived in New York since the 1980s. She is the founder and emcee of the annual Wigstock event and is well-known as a nightclub DJ, promoter and celebrity. She has also released disco singles such as "Shame, Shame, Shame!" and "The Pussycat Song." She has appeared in films such as Wigstock: The Movie, Peoria Babylon, and To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything!

She began her career alongside Larry Tee and RuPaul as a fixture on the Atlanta, Georgia, gay scene. She appeared in a variety of low budget films with them.

Her blog on her web site, ladybunny.net, is a sharp, politically-aware and, at times, loopy take on current affairs and cultural issues. Her unique style of drag performance usually invoves her lipsynching to a compilation of karaoke versions of popular songs over which she has recorded her own vocals singing parodies of the original lyrics. The new lyrics are usually sexually explicit, or revolve around food, or both. (For instance, her parody of the Gwen Stefani song Hollaback Girl has the lyric "I shit a banana/a banana in my ass!")

She was also a roaster on the Comedy Central roast of Pamela Anderson, possibly because Lady Bunny's appearance can be seen as an exaggerated caricature of Pamela's, with fellow roaster Jeffrey Ross calling her "Pamela Manderson."

In the winter of 2005, she released her first DVD, Rated X for X-tra Retarded.

Most recently, Lady Bunny made special guest appearances on the House of Venus Show, a queer sketch comedy television series on OUTtv and Pink TV, and on the pilot episode of Laugh Out, the world's first interactive, gay-themed comedy show. And in 2006, Lady Bunny made her first appearance at Southern Decadence in New Orleans, performing to a standing-room-only throng.

Trivia

* Lady Bunny is mentioned in the Will & Grace episode The Big Vent(1999) by Jack McFarland (played by Sean Hayes):

JACK: And, Will, don't forget we're on for Lady Bunny and her All-Boy Review on Friday. Don't blow me off.

Later, when Will (Truman, played by Eric McCormack) apparently did blow him off:

JACK: I can't believe you blew me off! Where the hell were you? I just spent three hours in the freezing cold outside a drag bar being harassed by a pair of Rosemary Clooneys.

WILL: Well, why didn't you go in?

JACK: Because you have the tickets!

WILL: Oh, sorry. Right here... [HANDS TICKETS TO JACK]

JACK: Oh, great. Thanks a lot. Lot of good this is gonna do me. Lady Bunny and her All-Male Review have already dewigged, deglossed, and departed

http://www.ladybunny.net/

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 31/12/2006 05:44

Kubanske drag queens, poznate revolucionarke, jedne od naj originalnijih :-)

CELIA CRUZ s Prijateljima "Yo viviré" (spanjolska verzija pjesme Glorie Gaynor "I will survive" )

Celia Cruz, Kubanka, nije drag queen, ali je jedna od najucestalijih interpretiranih pjevacica spanjolskog govornog podrucja.

1925-2002

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiye4rui ... ed&search=

od sveg srca preporucujem daposlusate ovu pjesmu :)

Mi voz puede volar, puede atravesar
cualquier herida, cualquier tiempo, cualquier soledad,
sin que la pueda controlar toma forma de canción,
así es mi voz, que sale de mi corazón
Y volará, sin yo querer
por los caminos más lejanos
por los sueños que soñé
será reflejo del amor de lo que me tocó vivir
será la música de fondo de lo mucho que sentí

Oye mi son, mi viejo son
tiene la clave de cualquier generación
en el alma de mi gente, en el cuero del tambor
en las manos del conguero, en los pies del bailador
yo viviré, allí estaré
mientras pase una comparsa con mi rumba cantaré
seré siempre lo que fui, con mi azúcar para ti
yo viviré, yo viviré

Y ahora vuelvo a recordar, aquel tiempo atrás
cuando me fui buscando el cielo de la libertad
cuántos amigos que dejé y cuántas lagrimas lloré
yo viviré, para volverlos a encontrar
y seguiré, con mi canción
bailando música caliente como bailo yo
y cuando suene una guaracha
y cuando suene un huahuancó
en la sangre de mi pueblo en su cuerpo estaré yo

Oye mi son, mi viejo son
yo viviré, allí estaré
yo viviré, yo viviré

oye mi son, mi viejo son
yo viviré, allí estaré
yo viviré, yo viviré

(Sobreviviendo)
En esta vida lo que estoy haciendo
Sobreviviendo
Estoy sobreviviendo, estoy sobreviviendo.
(Sobreviviendo)
Para que la gente me siga oyendo.

(Rompiendo barreras, voy sobreviviendo
cruzando fronteras, voy sobreviviendo)
Doy gracias a Dios por este regalo
Él me dio la voz y yo te la he dado
¡Con Gusto!
Para ti mi gente siempre cantaré
te daré mi azúcar caramba y sobreviviré
Yo viviré, Yo viviré, Yo viviré y SOBREVIVIRÉ.

kakav divan, iskren osmjeh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtlKYpCV ... ed&search=

Latina
Location: I'd ratha' be hated 4 who I am, than loved 4 who I'm not.

Post by Latina » 31/12/2006 06:33

pitt wrote:Bude svake godine ovdje parada.

:( :(

Parada izgubljenih dusa.

Nego St. Louis, je li ovo dio projekta ili cisto iz hobija ? :D :D

debela

Re: Drag Queen

Post by debela » 31/12/2006 13:54

StLouis wrote:Drag se sastoji u pretjerivanju, bilo u dimenzijama (visoke stikle, ogromne grudi, visoke perike, preduge trepavice...), u bojama (jaka sminka, jake boje perika, jake boje odjee, sarenilo) ili u stilu (nocna elegancija u toku dana...

eh onda ti je svaka prva cura u sarajevu sljedbenica draga :D

freeflight

Post by freeflight » 31/12/2006 14:43

Varla Jean Merman ova(on) je otvorila Life Ball u BecuImage
http://www.lifeball.org
Isto tako paradiraju na Love Parade u Berlinu
http://www.loveparade.net/

freeflight

Post by freeflight » 31/12/2006 14:45

A Love Parade ovako izgleda:

StLouis

Post by StLouis » 01/01/2007 05:21

stochar wrote:cudi me da niko nema nista dodati... :-) :-) :-)

uskoro :D ipak je bila tema o drag queens :D