Shine on, you crazy diamond - R.I.P Syd Barrett

Diskusije o bh. i inostranim izvođačima, razmjena pjesama, CD-ova, muzičke oprema...

Moderator: Bobi

victory

#1 Shine on, you crazy diamond - R.I.P Syd Barrett

Post by victory » 11/07/2006 16:54

Pink Floyd's Barrett dies aged 60

Syd Barrett, one of the original members of legendary rock group Pink Floyd, has died at the age of 60 from complications arising from diabetes.
He was born Roger Barrett in Cambridge and met future bandmates Roger Waters and David Gilmour at school there.

The guitarist was invited to join Pink Floyd by Waters in 1965 but left three years later after only one album with his mental state affected by drugs.

"He died very peacefully a couple of days ago," said the band's spokeswoman.

"There will be a private family funeral."

Barrett was the band's first creative force and an influential songwriter - but his drug intake soon began to affect his place in the band.

Often he would be seen standing on stage with his guitar dangling from his neck, staring into the crowd.

'Mental breakdown'

At one stage he was unhappy about appearing on Top of the Pops and walked out of a session recording in July 1967 after "freaking out".

"That really was the first sign of his complete mental breakdown," producer Richard Buskin wrote later.

"He never did come back into the studio any more after that, meaning that I had a hell of a hard time with the recordings".

He did turn up again, ironically on the day the other band members were recording a tribute to him, Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Just as Pink Floyd were about to achieve worldwide success, he retreated from public life to return to Cambridge.

Members of the band felt his breakdown might have happened even if he had not used drugs but felt that along with the pressures of fame, the substances he took probably acted as a catalyst.

After he finally drifted out of the music scene, his whereabouts were unknown for two decades, until he turned out to be living with his mother.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5169344.stm

black

Post by black » 11/07/2006 17:22

Syd Barrett, jedan od članova originalnih članova Pink Floyda, umro je u 60.-oj godini, objavio je glasnogovornik benda.
Rođen kao Roger Keith Barrett svoje buduće kolege iz benda Rogera Watersa i Davida Gilmoura upoznao je u školi.
Pink Floydima pridružio se 1965., a otad su prodali milione albuma.
Bolovao je do dijabetesa, a posljednjih godina nije se bavio muzikom.

steta...r.i.p.

Alfons Kauders

Post by Alfons Kauders » 11/07/2006 17:24

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air to a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange
A walk on part in the war,
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
Have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

victory

Post by victory » 11/07/2006 17:33

Syd Barrett - Opel

http://rapidshare.de/files/23278859/BarrettOpel.rar

pass=wholovesska
Quote:
Review by Richie Unterberger
For several years, the existence of "lost" material by Barrett had been speculated on by the singer's vociferous cult, fueled by numerous patchy bootlegs of intriguing outtakes. The release of Opel lived up to, and perhaps exceeded, fans' expectations. With 14 tracks spanning 1968 to 1970, including six alternate takes and eight songs that had never been officially released in any form, it is equally as essential as his two 1970 LPs. The tone is very much in keeping with his pair of solo albums; ragged, predominantly acoustic, melodic, and teetering on the edge of dementia. At the same time, it's charming and lyrically pungent, with Barrett's inimitable sense of childlike whimsy. The production is generally more minimal than on his other albums, even bare-bones at times, but if anything, this adds to the music's stark power. Highlights are the lengthy brooding title track, the multi-layered swirl of "Swan Lee," the alternate take of "Dark Globe" (with much better, more restrained vocals than the previous version), and the exuberant, infectious "Milky Way." Meticulous liner notes and excellent sound complete this lovingly archival package.

1. Opel
2. Clowns and Jugglers
3. Rats
4. Golden Hair
5. Dolly Rocker
6. Word Song
7. Wined and Dined
8. Swan Lee (Silas Lang)
9. Birdie Hop
10. Let's Split
11. Lanky, Pt. 1
12. Wouldn't You Miss Me (Dark Globe)
13. Milky Way
14. Golden Hair
15. Gigolo Aunt [*]
16. It Is Obvious [*]
17. It Is Obvious [*]
18. Clowns and Jugglers [*]
19. Late Night [*]
20. Effervescing Elephant [*]

victory

Post by victory » 11/07/2006 17:41

Syd Barrett - Barrett (1970)

http://rapidshare.de/files/24959341/Barrett.7z
A founding member of Pink Floyd who suffered a mental breakdown in the late '60s, Syd Barrett is revered in some circles for his singular vision. While outtake recordings that have surfaced have sadly shown much of his psychic dislocation, his two solo albums he released have much idiosyncratic beauty to offer. Barrett is the second solo album, joining The Madcap Laughs as a solid representation of Barrett's innate tunefulness and bizarre, surrealist imagery. Produced by the Floyd's David Gilmour and Rick Wright and featuring Humble Pie's Jerry Shirley on drums, the album veers from lighthearted shuffling jug band tunes to the grand and majestic "Baby Lemonade," possibly Barrett's finest song. Several other Barrett staples such as "Dominoes," "Rats," "Gigolo Aunt," and "Effervescing Elephant" showcase Barrett's knack for unexpected chord changes and inventive rhythmic breaks. Ironically, Barrett's music is not some heavy "acid rock" trip but a free-spirited, openly optimistic, and folkie journey through one man's unusual mind. --Rob O'Connor
1. Baby Lemonade
2. Love Song
3. Dominoes
4. It Is Obvious
5. Rats
6. Maisie
7. Gigolo Aunt
8. Waiving My Arms In The Air
9. I Never Lied To You
10. Wined And Dined
11. Wolfpack
12. Effervescing Elephant

Chopper_Horrace

Post by Chopper_Horrace » 11/07/2006 18:31

black wrote:Syd Barrett, jedan od članova originalnih članova Pink Floyda, umro je u 60.-oj godini, objavio je glasnogovornik benda.
Rođen kao Roger Keith Barrett svoje buduće kolege iz benda Rogera Watersa i Davida Gilmoura upoznao je u školi.
Pink Floydima pridružio se 1965., a otad su prodali milione albuma.
Bolovao je do dijabetesa, a posljednjih godina nije se bavio muzikom.

steta...r.i.p.
Nesto mi se tu ne slaze, mislim da je Gilmour dosao kao zamjena za BAretta a ne da su skupa u bendu bili kad si vec napisao buduce kolege iz benda...
Jedini clan Floyda koji je od samog nastanka do danas ostao u grupi j e bubnjar Nick Mason...
barem sam ja toliko upoznat...

Jasho

Post by Jasho » 11/07/2006 19:29

Orginalna postava Floyda je bila: Syd Barret - Gutirar, Vocals, Roger Waters - Bass Guitar, Rick Wright - Keyboards i Nick Manson - Drums. Ova postava je snimila samo jedan album, nakon kojeg ih je napustio Syd zbog problema sa LSD-iem i sličnim drogama, nakon čega su pozvali svog prijatelja Davida Gilmoorea, koji je zamjenio Syda od drugog albuma. Nakon albuma Final Cut iz grupe je otišao Waters i o tada su djelovali kao trio dok nisu prestali sa radom. R.I.P. Syd Barret! Kažu da je bio najkreativnija ličnost benda!

Astarte

Post by Astarte » 11/07/2006 21:57

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight..into the shining sun!

R.I.P Crazy Diamond

Woodstock_Cho'jek

Post by Woodstock_Cho'jek » 11/07/2006 23:07

Josh jedna istinska rock legenda je past away....R.I.P sid.... :sad:

ado-šampion

Post by ado-šampion » 12/07/2006 00:23

Jasho wrote:Orginalna postava Floyda je bila: Syd Barret - Gutirar, Vocals, Roger Waters - Bass Guitar, Rick Wright - Keyboards i Nick Manson - Drums. Ova postava je snimila samo jedan album, nakon kojeg ih je napustio Syd zbog problema sa LSD-iem i sličnim drogama, nakon čega su pozvali svog prijatelja Davida Gilmoorea, koji je zamjenio Syda od drugog albuma. Nakon albuma Final Cut iz grupe je otišao Waters i o tada su djelovali kao trio dok nisu prestali sa radom. R.I.P. Syd Barret! Kažu da je bio najkreativnija ličnost benda!
Čini mi se da Wright nije svirao na "The Final Cut", a isto tako mislim da ga nema među članovima benda ni na omotu tog albuma. Isto tako, ako me pamćenje služi, Barrett je snimio neke pjesme sa albuma "A Saucerful Of Secrets" (drugi album), prije nego što ga je zamijenio David Gilmour. Neka me neko ispravi ako griješim.

victory

Post by victory » 12/07/2006 01:13

Syd Barrett - The Madcap Laughs (1970)

http://rapidshare.de/files/25582344/RIP.rar

Having left Pink Floyd in 1968 after a daily LSD habit had taken its toll, Syd Barrett's first solo album finally appeared two years later with ex-Floyd sidekicks David Gilmour and Richard Wright riding shotgun with him in the studio. The Madcap Laughs is a brilliant but brittle album, with every strum of the electric guitar seeming to take its toll on Barrett's increasingly frayed nerve strings. On songs such as "Love You," his state of mind is well concealed beneath the sort of jolly jangle-pop Blur would later indulge in. On "Dark Globe," however, the strain is palpable: "Please lend a hand ... won't you miss me? Wouldn't you miss me at all?" he pleads, ominously. The best tracks are "Octopus," which possesses all the controlled mania of early Floyd, and "Golden Hair," a still moment of musical rapture whose lyric is taken from a James Joyce poem. --David Stubbs
1. Terrapin
2. No Good Trying
3. Love You
4. No Man's Land
5. Dark Globe
6. Here I Go
7. Octopus
8. Golden Hair
9. Long Gone
10. She Took A Long Cold Look
11. Feel
12. If It's In You
13. Late Night

Zadig

Post by Zadig » 12/07/2006 01:19

prvo ide pink floyd...
pa onda prazan prostor...

pa tek onda svi ostali...

Syd je bio dio jednog velikog benda, jednog velikog pocetka muzickog savrsenstva....samo me jedan bend moze najeziti...

HVALA MU i Vjecna slava!

El-Vedex

Post by El-Vedex » 12/07/2006 01:36

PINK FLOYD

victory

Post by victory » 12/07/2006 01:44

Syd Barrett : Pink Floyd Early Singles

http://www.sendspace.com/file/03tu34

Pink Floyd - 01 - Arnold Layne
Pink Floyd - 02 - Candy And A Currant Bun
Pink Floyd - 03 - See Emily Play
Pink Floyd - 04 - The Scarecrow
Pink Floyd - 05 - Apples And Oranges
Pink Floyd - 06 - Paintbox
Pink Floyd - 07 - It Would Be So Nice
Pink Floyd - 08 - Julia Dream
Pink Floyd - 09 - Point Me At The Sky
Pink Floyd - 10 - Careful With That Axe, Eugene

dinash

Post by dinash » 12/07/2006 02:20

victory, kakav je ovo "Barrett.7z" format? cime se ovo otvara?

Zadig

Post by Zadig » 12/07/2006 02:23

dinash wrote:victory, kakav je ovo "Barrett.7z" format? cime se ovo otvara?
algoritamska kompresija, nesto kao zip, samo kao drugacije malo

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

ako ga nemres nicim drugim otvoriti. eo linka majstore

victory

Post by victory » 12/07/2006 06:24

@Zadig, hvala za info & link

---

Syd Barrett - The Peel Sessions (1970) [1988]

http://rapidshare.de/files/6241493/sb_ps.zip
..very rare live set performed at the BBC studios by Syd Barrett with the help of Jerry Shirley and Dave Gilmour in February 1970 and later broadcasted. This was the first piece of not-yet-released material from Syd Barrett in eighteen years.
1. Terrapin (3:02)
2. Gigolo Aunt (3:35)
3. Baby Lemonade (2:30)
4. Effervescing Elephant (0:57)
5. Two of a Kind (2:28] {Believed to be written by Rick Wright}

AenemA

Post by AenemA » 12/07/2006 06:55

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond"

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!

RIP