Priče i slike iz opkoljenog Sarajeva

Lokalna dešavanja, politički život, medijska scena, sve o glavnom gradu BiH i okolini od jutra do mraka.

Moderators: Benq, O'zone

T

#1 Priče i slike iz opkoljenog Sarajeva

Post by T »

... ako neko ima neki novinski tekst iz tog vremena, neki literarni rad na na temu opkoljenog Sarajeva, neku sliku iz tog perioda i slicno, neka kopira ovdje ... bilo bi zanimljivo procitati nesto takvo, sa ove vremenske distance :) ... a i da se ne zaboravi :)

unaprijed, hvala svim forumasima koji daju svoj doprinos ovoj temi :)
karanana

Post by karanana »

jesi vidio:

boreokoociju.blogger.ba

tom covjeku treba dati nobelovu nagradu za nesto
T

Post by T »

karanana wrote:jesi vidio:

boreokoociju.blogger.ba

tom covjeku treba dati nobelovu nagradu za nesto

nisam znao za ovaj blog
hvala ti za info :bih:

blog je odlican, i svaka cast ovom momku na vremenu i trudu da napravi nesto ovakvo :thumbup:
T

Post by T »

A young woman runs to avoid being shot by a Serb sniper during the siege of the city, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, April 1993.

A RACE UNDER SNIPER FIRE
I went to work, I worked in the Head Office of the Bosnia and Herzegovina Railroad Company and every day leaving for work and coming back I had to cross an avenue. It wasn't a street, but an avenue, I don't know how many meters wide. A sniper was always shooting at that avenue, killing people, injuring them, and I thought how to cross. I stayed in between the houses. One quick glance to my watch. When the first bullet was shot I counted the seconds to the next bullet. Some 15 to 20 seconds. And so I was ready when the shot was fired to run across the avenue and I had to do it in 15 seconds. At such times the fear a person feels is incredible. The legs were dead, the muscles don't work and there's no air in the lungs. And when I arrived to the other side then I stayed there awhile to catch my breath and rest a little and the people who were hiding there and watching were happy that somebody managed to cross that fateful avenue near the 2nd Gymnasium.
Mima Tulic Kerken
Citizen of Sarajevo

Excerpt From: Sarajevo survivor testimonies from OPSADA (The Siege) by FAMA International
T

Post by T »

A boy points a toy pistol from out of his basement during a lull in Serb shelling in the first months of the siege of the city, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, August 1992
T

Post by T »

A Bosnian Serb gunman poses for a photograph at a checkpoint on the outskirts of Sarajevo through which journalists and United Nations personnel, both military and civilian, had to obtain permission from the Serbs to enter the besieged city, August 1992.
T

Post by T »

Two Bosnian women who were shot by a Serb sniper lie in the emergency room at Sarajevo's Kosevo Hospital, 1992
T

Post by T »

Sarajevo Symphony cellist Vedran Smajlovic plays Tommaso Albinoni's 'Adagio' for victims of the Serb siege of the city, Lion Cemetery, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, September 1992.

EIGHT PEOPLE ARE KILLED AT A FUNERAL
The massacre on Budakovici took place 15 June 1993. Twelve people were killed, a lot wounded. It was one of a whole series of massacres that happened at funerals, and in the war there were 10 thousand funerals. A similar massacre took place at the Lav (Lion) graveyard when in two attacks 17 people were killed and once 4 men were killed and over 70 wounded. Two massacres like that took place on the Turbe graveyard on Bistrik. Two men were killed in one and one in the other. This shows that the funerals were deliberately targeted and that the enemy was trying to revenge himself on the town and the people who were burying their loved ones. I'm sorry to say our imams had to take refuge sometimes even had to jump into the grave, or hide behind the dead so that they could finish the prayers and the funeral rites. For that reason we tried to have as few people as possible attending funerals so there would be fewer victims then we went ever farther and held the funerals at night so that fewer people would be in danger.
Muharem Omeradic'
Head of the Religious and Educational Service of the Islamic Community

Excerpt From: Sarajevo survivor testimonies from OPSADA (The Siege) by FAMA International
T

Post by T »

Men in a shot-up Volkswagen Golf car prepare to depart after delivering a wounded man to City Hospital during the Bosnian Serb siege of Sarajevo, August 1992.
T

Post by T »

Dr Edib Jaganjac takes a smoke break outside destroyed operating rooms at Sarajevo's French Hospital during the first months of the siege of the city, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, August 1992.
T

Post by T »

Fikreta Hadovic, 24, who lost both her legs to a Bosnian Serb shell, poses for a photograph with Dr. Edib Jaganjac at French Hospital in Sarajevo, August 1992.
T

Post by T »

Flowers and a mortar shell impact in the pavement mark the spot where 27 Sarajevans waiting for bread on Vase Miskina Street, men, women, children and the elderly, were blown to pieces by 2 Serb shells In May 1992, during the Bosnian Serb siege of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Almost 2,000 children, and over 10,000 people in total were killed in Sarajevo during the 3-1/2 year siege.

HORROR AND SILENCE IN THE CITY
The news quickly spread through the city since everyone who had a phone or had a phone nearby ran to see whether someone of theirs was hurt. Then the telephone system began to fall apart and only the lucky ones could get through that chaos in the network because quite literally every receiver in the city was lifted up. It took me some two hours to find out that some of my friends had been killed or injured. I won't mention the names because it is always difficult to draw the line at which one should stop with that kind of list. Until then the uncertainty had been unbearable. One always starts with the worst, first thinks of the worst. And then it started the crush in front of the hospital, where everybody waited to see whether they would bring somebody who was theirs. I can say that that day I was incapable of being a journalist. That was probably the only day when I couldn't do my job. And I admire my colleagues who were reporters that day and who moved among the dead bodies. But even today, when I pick up the receiver, if there is no signal, the memories of that day of mass murders pass through my head.
Hamza Baksic'
Journalist

T

Post by T »

Almira Lugic, 12-years-old, lies in Kosevo Hospital with a grave stomach wound caused from a Serb shell that fell as she was collecting water, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, February 1993.
T

Post by T »

A man who lost his legs and one arm to a Serb shell shaves in Kosevo Hospital, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, February 1993.

MASSACRE AT A PLAYGROUND IN DOBRINJA
Listen, I went there, to the game, to see the game, of course. And I got there and I was standing there, all of us, there almost were 150 of us there watching the game. I had been standing there for less than five minutes. It happened at about nine thirty in the morning. Two shells fell out of the sky. The first shell wounded me. My leg was broken. Right about then I started to run away. But I couldn't. The second one fell behind my back. The second one fell about six , five or six meters from the first. So, when I stopped crawling I was conscious. I saw that the whole crowd gotten down on the ground. Panic, a rushing sound, and then the explosion.
Ahmed Fazlic
Citizen

T

Post by T »

Men play a game of chess on the trunk of an abandoned car during the Bosnian Serb siege of Sarajevo, April 1993. Residents of the beleaguered city sought any escape or distraction from the reality of death and mayhem they faced every day.
T

Post by T »

Sarajevo residents dash across an intersection under fire from a Serb sniper during the siege of the city, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, April 1993.

SURVIVAL IN AUSCHWITZ-SURVIVAL IN SARAJEVO
Although sometimes, living in Sarajevo during the war, we did run the streets like chased wild animals, we had some sort of dignity, and we used to keep each other's company. We felt like people. I can say that we were people with spirit, people who wanted to fight for their freedom in spite of impossible conditions.

The people in Auschwitz were walking shadows, which were moving around according to instinct, for they wanted to survive. It is very difficult to say how successful they actually were, because those were terrible conditions, which did not make possible any form of progress. We were only numbers, people with no name. Our future differed from man to man, and it depended upon our own capacities. These were the power of the body and the power of the soul. From the early morning till the late night everything there was intended to destroy, first the spirit, then the body of a man.
Greta Ferusic'
Retired Professor of Architecture/Auschwitz survivor

T

Post by T »

Sarajevo residents use anything they can find to collect water from a stream running under "Sniper Alley", 1992. During the siege of the city running water and electricity were scarce, subject to being cut off by the besieging Bosnian Serbs.

ADVICE FOR SURVIVAL
To fetch the water, you would go to the brewery, at night to avoid the shells. It was impossible to go during the day or in the early morning. It was freezing, and your hands would go numb. When you came home, you could not dry yourself. If someone carried four 5-litre canisters attached to his back with a belt, he would come home with his back wet. I made an iron rod and carried two canisters on each rod, which means that I carried twenty litres of water.
Muhamed Poljo
Pensioner

Fair Life

Post by Fair Life »

Fair Life

Post by Fair Life »

T

Post by T »

Sarajevo residents salvage the remains of trees that have been cut down for use as fuel for cooking and heating during the Serb siege of the city, December 1992. During the first winter of the siege most of Sarajevo's parks and tree-lined boulevards were cut down by desperate citizens.

THE DISAPPEARANCE OF SARAJEVO'S PARKS
You know, that was one decision for which I was much criticized: why did I allow the parks of Sarajevo to disappear? And around the 10th of September I gave a statement in which I said that I thought it was much more important to have that wood, which at that moment was used to make food, and which would be used later for heating during those long Sarajevan winters. I felt that one human life was worth more than all that greenery, than those trees of ours.
Muhamed Kresevljakovic'
Mayor of Sarajevo

Fair Life

Post by Fair Life »

T

Post by T »

An old man sits at a destroyed bus stop in a city where buses no longer run, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, February 1993
T

Post by T »

Morgue attendants lift the body of a 16-year-old girl, killed on a Sunday morning when a Serb shell hit her house and a piece of shrapnel cracked her skull open, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina, February 1993.
T

Post by T »

A morgue attendant adjusts a sheet covering the body of a man, one of several victims killed by a Serb artillery shell during the Bosnian Serb siege of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, summer 1992. Almost 2,000 children, and over 10,000 people in total were killed in Sarajevo during the 3-1/2 year siege.

BREAD LINE MASSACRE
I saw one of our Bosnia and Herzegovina TV crews with Cakan Dzevad Colakovic´, Pupa Stijarcic´, our friends, who seemed to be going to Svjetlost Park to make a completely different program from what in fact they were about to make in a minute or two. Since my mother hadn¹t come for 10 minutes I decided to go with them and see what they were up to. I don't think we'd gone more than 5 or 6 paces when it came without whistling, they say you don¹t hear the whistle of the shell that¹s for you. That was probably the shell that was for all of us·..Then a silence, then chaos. Screaming, cries, hell, horror, panic, death, everything most terrible. Of course the TV crew reacted immediately, Dzevad took the camera and began filming. Just one little jump in time forwards. After that filming Dzevad Colakovic´ has never been the same person. Why did that little jump forward happen? While he worked I saw a man becoming completely deformed. Almost physically. He went on; other members of the crew helped to collect those almost disintegrated bodies. We got people that we could still help into any kind of transport to get them somewhere they could be treated·· But the terrible feeling is left that any one of us might have been there, or some other place a little before or would be years later. That we simply had no control over our paths and what might cross or tear them apart, like happened to those people in Ferhadija 27 May 1992.
Benjamin Filipovic'
Film Director

T

Post by T »

The widow of Dzevad Catic mourns at his grave at Lion Cemetery during the Bosnian Serb siege of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, September 1992. Almost 2,000 children, and over 10,000 people in total were killed in Sarajevo during the 3-1/2 year siege.